Losing "more" than half of me

Losing "more" than half of me
This time it's really going to happen.. I am going to lose half of myself, or should I now say "more than half of myself?"

Monday, March 15, 2010

Walking in Circles

We've all felt like we've walked in circles, but tonight I did, literally.  I went out to walk on my lunch break, and it started to rain.  So I went back to the station and walked around one of the studios.  Let me tell you, it was not a whole lot of fun.  Walking in circles does something to your feet.  After just a few laps, I started getting blisters on the bottom of my feet.  And my knees began to hurt.  I SO wanted to quit, but I had to find something to keep me going.  It was only 30 minutes after all.  How hard could it be?  Not too hard after I remembered the big prize--my tropical vacation.  I started to imagine it was a white sandy beach I was walking on.  I was small.. cute.. happy.. and tan.  I pictured myself in the clear blue water.. snorkeling.  I can't wait to see those exotic underwater animals.  All that imagery did the trick.  I was able to finish.

BTW: I got in my burger and fry fix today.  For lunch, we made turkey burgers, using extra lean ground turkey breast.  And we used thin buns.  They are what they sound like -- super thin buns, but still full of flavor and only 100 calories.  Compare that to 220 for some other whole wheat buns I checked out at the store today.  For the fries, I ate half a serving of generic crinkle cut fries.  It was just 9 fries, but I savored them and it was plenty.  We also had steamed green beans.  So, I was able to satisfy by greasy burger and fry craving for under 400 calories and 6 grams of fat.  Woo-hoo!

4 comments:

  1. Good Job Jemme! Keep it up. It's tough to make yourself commit to anything. If you stay committed, you will see the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jemme, you are an inspiration to us all. Keep it up! I've put your blog on my list of favorites on my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stewart, I will stay committed to this. Thanks for the encouragement.

    Stef, so good to see you reading this. I miss you. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wil said you look awesome, he said in your face you look younger. He said you look like a different person.


    Lesley

    ReplyDelete