Losing "more" than half of me

Losing "more" than half of me
This time it's really going to happen.. I am going to lose half of myself, or should I now say "more than half of myself?"

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Going through the motions

I am SO not feeling this weight loss thing right now.  I don't know what's going on, but I don't like it.  I'm tired.. not just sleepy.. but my body is thoroughly tired.  And I'm wanting to eat bigger portions of foods. 

Despite those 2 things, am I still pretty much on track.  I walked yesterday and got up to do my 30 Day Shred workout this morning.  And I haven't gone over my 2400 calories per day that The Daily Plate says I need in order to lose 2 pounds per week, but I have been going over the 1200 that I set for myself.

I guess I'm just in a lull.  I do battle depression from time to time, so maybe that's all it is.  But even at that, it's tough.  It's really tough.  And I don't like it.  I was so happy go lucky the last 2 weeks.  Now I'm just so blah and lazy.

I may also be getting sick.  It has been going around my house.  And Ricco thinks it may be the toxins I'm releasing from my body with the exercising, increased water consumption and healthier food I'm eating.

Who knows.. I just hope this feeling goes away soon.  Pray that I will have strength to overcome this.  And that until I do, I will continue doing what I need to do even though I don't feel like it.

5 comments:

  1. Sis...hang in there! I suspect the lack of energy is due to the lack of calories in your system. I would try to stay as close to that 2400 number than your 1200. Personally, I think that is TOO drastic! You want it slow and steady. Even 2 lbs a week is A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you may be right, Jay. I was reading one of the Biggest Loser books last night and it said the way you figure out your daily caloric needs for weight loss is to multiply your weight by 7. That would put me at 2240. So maybe I'm not eating enough. That's almost as bad as eating too much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely think Jay is right...1200 is a drastic shock to your system. You are scaring your body and not providing it with enough fuel for all that you are doing!! Looking forward to seeing you and having lunch tomorrow!! I will try and help you get re-motivated but you definitely need to adjust the calories!!

    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sis in law is a personal trainer. You have to keep fuel (food) in your system to burn calories. You can do it! Are you eating 5-6 meals a day? My sis in law suggest a handful of protein and a handful of good carbs (fruit veggies whole grains) 5 times a day. Maybe that can give you more energy! Im proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Michelle. I am eating 5 times a day.. 3 meals and 2 snacks. All have protien and carbs. I'm guessing I just need to up the amount a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete