Losing "more" than half of me

Losing "more" than half of me
This time it's really going to happen.. I am going to lose half of myself, or should I now say "more than half of myself?"

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Late night workout

I just finished my exercise for today.  Yes, I know it's nearly 10 o'clock at night, but this is the first chance I've had to get anything done.  I'm just so thankful that I didn't just say, "Oh well; I'll get to it tomorrow."  I really do feel pretty good right now. 

I ended up checking out the Wii Fit again, mainly because I wanted to see if it would let me on.  The game has a 325 pound weight limit, and if you are over that it won't let you play.  Seeing as it wouldn't let me on a month ago, and I was 332 at the doctor's office 2 weeks ago, I didn't think I'd be allowed on.  But I couldn't resist trying.  And I'm so glad that I did.  I came in just on target.  325.  So I've already lost some lbs.  Nice!  And it was pretty fun too.  I did the step aerobics.  I unlocked the 2nd level, so I was able to do more stuff than last time I was on, and did 5 min intervals.  That worked out good for me!  I will be doing that more often.  Partly because I didn't get perfect on each step up and step down, and we all know what a perfectionist I am. :)

I'm sure I'll sleep pretty well now.  And speaking of sleep, I need to go pretty soon because I've got to be up at 6am to do my 30 day shred workout.  Boy, I am sore today from doing it yesterday, my abs especially.  And I didn't even feel like I did that much with the abs yesterday.

I got in all my water again today.  That's been pretty easy for me to get back into.  I was drinking tons of water this time last year because I was nursing Bella.  And I was so unhappy with myself for letting my water intake slip just because I wasn't nursing anymore.  But now I'm drinking more and more.  I'm up to 3 qt (96 oz) today.

My food was ok, although I did eat too much bread.  We had to take Bella to the doctor this afternoon and were there for a while, then had to go the pharmacy to get an antibiotic and it was getting close to 5:30.  So, while we waited for the medicine to be filled, we came home for a quick snack.  Everybody wanted toast, and I ate 3 pieces, that's 270 cal.  Yes, it was whole wheat toast with no butter, but still, too many calories for a snack.  So I think I got in about 1500-1600 cal today.  Not bad, especially considering the hectic day I had.

I really appreciate all the wonderful comments and emails I've been getting from you guys.  It really does make all the difference.  You are pushing me not to give up, or make excuses.  Thanks.

3 comments:

  1. Hey...glad you still got in your workout. But, wanted you to know that I have had several doctors and health folks tell me exercising late is not good for you. Mainly because it screws up your sleep (which you know has lots of implications) and you can get night cramps. So, try to keep the late workouts to an absolute minimum! Luv ya, sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super proud of you Jemme....I know what you mean about "just now able to get anything done". Keep up the good work and I will continue to pray for you and check in with you daily. I love you so much.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jay, I think you may be on to something. I woke up the next morning with an awful stomach virus. It could all be coinicidence, but I'm going to make sure I get my exercise in way earlier in the day.

    ReplyDelete