Losing "more" than half of me

Losing "more" than half of me
This time it's really going to happen.. I am going to lose half of myself, or should I now say "more than half of myself?"

Friday, March 12, 2010

A bump in the road

So, if you follow me, you'll notice I didn't post anything yesterday.  That's because I was violently ill with a stomach virus.  I won't go into the gory details, but I was out of commission all day.  Ricco even had to stay home to take care of the girls.  The good news, I lost 7 pounds from it!  I got on the Wii Fit again last night to check my weight loss and it was down 7 pounds from the night before.  Score!  Ricco said, "That was an easy 7 pounds."  And I said, "Heck no!"  He asked, "Would you have rather sweated that 7 pounds off?"  And I came back quickly with a loud, "YES!"

I'm feeling much better today, although still a little weak.  But poor little Avery is sick.  Not with her stomach, but with cold symptoms.  So we went back to the doctor for the 2nd time this week.  Turns out she has allergies (which we'd suspected in the past) and now has an ear infection.  We got her an antibiotic and some Zyrtec-D.  Now she's passed out on the couch.

Anyway.  I go into all this to ask for prayer.  We've all been sick, in some way or another, this week (expect Ricco) and I'm feeling pretty depleted today.  I need some motivation.  I certainly don't feel like working out or walking or anything like that today.  But I didn't do anything yesterday, so I need to get up and moving.  I'm really in the mood to eat something nasty (mainly because it would be fast and easy).  And I also have no desire for any vegetables right now. Gross! The thought of them sickens me.

So far today, I've eaten ok.  I had 2 pieces of toast and half a banana for breakfast, then grits with cheese for lunch.  I haven't had nearly enough water yet.  But the day is young, sort of.

I'll check back in soon to let you know how I fare the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment