Losing "more" than half of me

Losing "more" than half of me
This time it's really going to happen.. I am going to lose half of myself, or should I now say "more than half of myself?"

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Busy, busy, busy

Hello all!  Sorry I've been scarce lately.  I've been busy.  It's a lot of work taking care of a family and losing weight and working part time. :)

Thursday I had to take Zoe to the doctor.  Turned out she has bronchitis.  So all 3 girls were on an antibiotic at the same time.  Thankfully, Bella is now finished with her's, Avery's last day is tomorrow and Zoe will be finished on Monday.

Friday I went in to work an extra shift.  And today I was busy doing the 30 Day Shred video, working in the flower beds and planting some Irises and getting ready for work.  So I haven't had a lot of time to write on the blog.  Sorry about that.

The good news is that I haven't caved into my old habits just because things have been hectic.  I've gotten in all my exercise, and I'm still making good decisions with my food choices.

The disappointing news, I didn't lose any weight last week.  Today is weigh in day, but it came up at 320 again today.. just like last Saturday.  That was a BIG bummer, but I was warned that may happen by two different people.  One is a nutritionist and the other is a woman who's lost over 100 pounds herself.  I just happened to meet her at Fatz Cafe last week.  She lost over 100 pounds on diet and exercise alone, but says after losing 15 pounds the first week, it was another month before she lost anymore.

And I know you may be thinking.. "You ate at Fatz?  But what it healthy?"  Well, it was.  I didn't order off the menu.  That's a tip I picked up from the Biggest Loser.  I ordered a plain grilled chicken breast, plain sweet potato and grilled vegetables.  It was a yummy meal for under 500 calories.

The other big exciting news is the changing I'm seeing in Avery.  She's lost about 3 pounds from all the changes we've been making in our family, and I can see a BIG difference in her body.  Her tummy doesn't stick out so much, even her clothes are fitting differently.  But the best part is how she feels about herself.  She's really excited about the changes and has more confidence in herself.  That's more exciting to me that losing weight myself.

I need to go to sleep now.  That may be a reason I didn't see any weight loss this week.  I know sleep is a vital piece of a healthy lifestyle, and I miss out on so much because I can't always fall asleep at night.  I'll be back to update tomorrow, I hope. :)

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work Jemme! I stumbled on your blog from facebooking. I too am trying to get into shape and it is hard. Nick has constantly told me though not to give up even if you aren't seeing the numbers. I just starting seeing a personal trainer...I think she hates me :)

    ReplyDelete