Losing "more" than half of me

Losing "more" than half of me
This time it's really going to happen.. I am going to lose half of myself, or should I now say "more than half of myself?"

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Pain, pain and more pain

I knew it would hurt losing all this fat.  I knew it wouldn't be pretty.  But I didn't know it'd hurt this much.  The 30 Day Shred is killing my side abs.  I've had sore abs before from working out, but this feels like I've had surgery.  It literally feels like those muscles have been cut.  I can't even laugh.  Wow.. was NOT expecting this.  And I get to do it again in the morning.  Yay!

Thankfully, my abs are the only muscles screaming so far.  But my left knee is giving me fits.  So I bought me a big bottle of ibuprofen.  You may want to buy stock in it because it looks like I'll be buying a lot. :)

Also, I came up with another reward.  At 275 pounds.. I'm going to have a spa day: a manicure, pedicure, massage and facial.  I don't know why I didn't think of that sooner.  And I realize that the 225 pound mark will also mark me losing more than 100 pounds, so it needs to be a pretty big deal.  I was thinking about going to the Harry Potter theme park in Orlando.  What better way to celebrate that milestone?  But that'll be pretty expensive, so I'm not sure.

Family vacations are one thing we haven't done much of, and that's partly because of my weight.  I haven't had any desire to go anywhere and do a family vacation because it would be too much work.  And I have always just wanted to rest.  But once I'm not carrying all this weight around, I shouldn't be so tired anymore.  The other factor in the lack of family vacations has been money, so I better start saving now just in case.

We'll see.  I'm sure my reward list will evolve and change as I go along.

1 comment:

  1. Pain is quite normal unfortunately. The Marines say that "Pain is weakness leaving the body." Ibuprofen is a good choice...also try hot showers/baths, Biofreeze or Aspecreme. Also make sure you getting enough protein and water to rebuild the muscles you are working. When you tear the muscles, they need time to rebuild and they need proper nutrition to do so. Make sure after you workout, you are getting protein in within 30 minutes. It really does make a HUGE difference! And massages help too.

    Great rewards!!! Keep up the great work :) You are doing awesome!!!

    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete