Losing "more" than half of me

Losing "more" than half of me
This time it's really going to happen.. I am going to lose half of myself, or should I now say "more than half of myself?"

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Thanks

I have tea in hand now.  That was a tip that a friend at work gave me.  Thanks, Jillian.  Also, just getting up and doing something eased the urge.

Anyway.  I wanted to say thanks to all of you who are reading this and sending me words of encouragement.  It keep makes me happy and gives me motivation.  I don't know why I don't believe in myself as much as you guys do, but I'm hoping that through this process, that will change.

Today I've been much hungrier.  That's made it much harder not to eat too much.  I've had roughly 1400 calories today--including my tea (I put in a tablespoon of honey). 
Here's my food for today:
Breakfast: cheese grits (250 cal)
Snack: grapes (90 cal)
Lunch: PB&J on wheat bread with gold fish (435 cal)
Snack: Kashi bar (120 cal)
Snack: apple (105 cal)
Dinner: tuna noodle casserole from the Lickety-Split meals cookbook (320 cal)
Evening craving fix: hot green tea with honey (60 cal)

One reason I may have been hungrier, I woke up at 6am (that's super early for me) to workout.  My friend, Stephanie, is coming over on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 6:30 for us to workout to a DVD together.  We're using Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred.  Boy, that was fun.  Not.  It kicked my tail and I've been exhausted all day long.

But I'm sitting here right now watching the Biggest Loser and it's really motivating me to get at it.  This week the contestants had to "work."  They went to a food bank for 8 hours a day, simulating what it will be like when they go back home.  They could only work out before and after work.  And they are still pulling BIG numbers at the weigh-in.  So it's making me want to step up my game a little bit.  We'll see.  I don't want to push it and fail.  Slow and steady wins the race, right?

The days I don't work out early in the morning, I will be walking.  Either around the neighborhood, at one of the many parks in the Columbia area, or around downtown Columbia (on the days I work).  And I have a plan for rainy days.  I have several workout DVDs of my own, including a Biggest Loser one.  Also, I have a couple of games on the Wii:  Wii Fit and EA Sports Active.  I don't exactly like the Fit, but the Active works me pretty good.  I'm guessing I'll be doing one of those tomorrow and Friday because the forecast is calling for rain.

Time for bed.  I need my rest if I plan to get through tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. You go, Girl! Been there so many times. Got to go there again soon. Although last year's biggest loser did inspire me to quit smoking! Now I have to do the weight. Inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very proud! I'll check in periodically. It won't be easy. Don't quit. Your adorable kids deserve to see their mother grow up. I'm going to link you to my FB page at some point. I would imagine frequent encouragement helps tremendously.

    ReplyDelete