Losing "more" than half of me

Losing "more" than half of me
This time it's really going to happen.. I am going to lose half of myself, or should I now say "more than half of myself?"

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Eye opening

Tracking the nutritional information of what I eat is very eye opening.  And it shows me areas I need to work on.  The Daily Plate not only tracks calories, but your fat, cholesterol, sodium, carbs, sugars, fiber and protein intake.  And it shows you how much from each category you should have each day to reach your weight goals.  Well, after eating just 2 eggs yesterday morning, I was over my daily cholesterol intake.  And by the end of the day yesterday, I had eaten twice as many sugars as I should have.  And I didn't even eat any sweets.. just the honey from my coffee, the craisins in my salad, a protein bar and fruit.  I now remember that dried fruit is crazy packed with sugars.

Also yesterday, I learned that too much of a good thing is still bad.  I bought several different snacks at Publix last night to keep at work.  I was fighting cravings, so I decided to indulge on some cheddar rice cakes.  NOT a good idea.  I should've have stuck with just one serving, maybe two.  Instead, I ate as much as I wanted, and I felt AWFUL afterwards!  I felt bloated, nauseated, just plain YUCKY!  I felt so ashamed and embarrassed.  I'm supposed to be learning to eat properly, not find things I can use to overeat with and not have too many calories.  In all, it was about 250 calories.  But I felt as if I had let everyone down by going back to my old eating and overindulging habits.  I didn't even want to write about it, but what would be the point of me writing this blog if I'm not going to be honest.

Time now to go on a walk.  First, a snack.. an orange and water.  For dinner, I think I'm going with a turkey burger.  I need to find one somewhere that is grilled and on a whole wheat bun.  And I want some steamed veggies on the side.  Wish me luck finding that.  Better yet, pray for me.  I am really craving greasy foods right now.  And I am not interested in veggies.  The thought of them make me sick.  But I need them for all the nutrients and vitamins they have.  Thanks for your continued support!

No comments:

Post a Comment