Losing "more" than half of me

Losing "more" than half of me
This time it's really going to happen.. I am going to lose half of myself, or should I now say "more than half of myself?"

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Good progress

So, I'm making some good progress.  We had Zoe's birthday party yesterday and I didn't eat anything I shouldn't have eaten -- no cake or ice cream, no sodas, no chips or cheese doodles.  I was so happy and thankful God gave me the strength to resist.  And I didn't even really have to think about it.  I just didn't even want it.  As for getting in my exercise, I didn't go on a walk yesterday, but I was up and active most of the day either cleaning or doing stuff at the party.  So that should count for something.

After the party was a problem area.  We didn't plan for dinner, which is usually my downfall.  So we went to Taco Bell to pick up something.  I did choose something off the Fresco menu -- two chicken ranchero soft tacos.  All together, it was 340 calories and 8 grams of fat.  I don't think was too bad in the long scheme of things.  At least it was a better option than I usually get at Taco Bell.

I also got in all my water.. then some.  I dreank nearly 100 ounces of water yesterday.  And I was still thirsty.  This morning I've already gotten in 24 oz.. and had a really good breakfast.  It was a scrambled omelet, whole wheat English muffins and 4 apple slices.  Sounds naughty, but not really.  The omelet is a recipe out of a spectacular cookbook called Lickety-Split Meals.  I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone.  It's healthier food options that are pretty easy to make.  That's the idea behind the cookbook.  And sprinkled throughout it are ideas and tips and information on how to make other healthy changes in your life.  It's written by Zonya Foco.  She's got lots of neat things on her website, including some of the recipes out of Lickety-Split Meals.  We've tried many of them.. that's pretty much what I will be using to plan our meals from now on.  The Benito Bean dip is great.. for snacks or to put on your favorite Mexican dish.  The oven fries are easy and tasty.. and all of us, even the kids like the broccoli salad.  As for the meals.. our favorites listed on the website are the creamy chicken enchiladas, the crock pot fajitas, kickin' chicken and the tantalizing turkey loaf.  If you check it out, you'll notice all the dinner recipes come complete with what to make for the entire meal to make it well-rounded and healthy.  I love that.  It's a no brainer. :)  Can you tell I'm a fan?

Before I wrap this up, I wanted to share a picture from yesterday's party.  I'm sure it's not new to you, but I really saw how bad my body looks in these pictures.  I truly didn't know that's what I looked like in that outfit.  You can bet I won't be wearing it again anytime soon.  I knew I didn't like the way I looked in pictures, so I didn't let folks take them.  But that should've been my first clue that I needed to change.  If you don't like your picture taken, then something is wrong and you should look to change what you are not happy with.  The good news, when Zoe turns 6.. nearly half of this body will be gone. 

And, on that note, I've also come up with my big reward once I hit my goal of 175 pounds.  I'm going on a tropical vacation: somewhere with lots of sun, white, sandy beaches and clear blue water.  I don't where that will be yet, but there's lots of time to plan it out.  As for who's going with me, at this point I'd like for it to be just Ricco and me.  But who knows, maybe we'll go on a family cruise.  The girls will need to be rewarded, too, once this journey is over.

Now it's time for me to exercise and then I'm off to work.  I'll try to write again tonight, but it will likely be tomorrow since I get home so late.

No comments:

Post a Comment