Losing "more" than half of me

Losing "more" than half of me
This time it's really going to happen.. I am going to lose half of myself, or should I now say "more than half of myself?"

Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year, New Challenges

It's been a while.. 6 months to be exact.  But the blog is back.  I have slipped far from my weight loss goals in the last few months, and it's time I get back on track.  The best way to do that is to have accountability through you and this blog.  I don't like that idea.. it makes my skin crawl to think about others making me do what I'm supposed to do.  But that's exactly what I wanted when I started this thing, and I knew it's what I needed.  So here I am.

I'm not sure exactly what the blog will look like now.  I'm not all gung-ho about losing weight and making it to my goal.  I have an attitude about the whole thing that I quickly need to lose before I'll be able to lose anymore weight.  Hopefully, journaling what I'm feeling will allow me to move further along the road to 175.

To that point.. I am currently at 287.  I had lost down to 277, but have gained 10 pounds since Thanksgiving.  That really stinks.  I am pretty ashamed of myself.  Not only that I gained back 10 pounds already, but that I did it so quickly.  I know, it happens to a lot of people during the holidays.  But I should be better than that.

With that said, I do think I've done pretty good so far.  I'm down 45 pounds.  This year I want to lose 62 pounds.  And then next year I'll focus on losing the final 50.  Please hold me to this, even though I don't really want you to.  I am sorry I am so negative right now.  Please pray that I will be able to figure where this attitude is coming from so I can drop it and move forward.  And if you don't hear from me on here in a few days, please ask me about it and get me to post again.

2 comments:

  1. You're an inspiration! It takes a tremendous amount of courage to be so open and share such a personal struggle. You and I share some of the same unfortunate Avery genetics which makes this kind of battle that much harder to fight. But you CAN do it!!! I could stand to lose 60 pounds right along with you this year...but honest to goodness, I don't know that I have the courage built up in myself yet to do it. BUT I am committed to turning my ongoing “little” positive changes into “big” (or at least “bigger”) positive changes! For me the battle has long been not so much about body image so much as it has become about heart health! But that is going to be an ongoing battle in and of itself. My first mini Goal is to complete the Monument Avenue 10K…a Richmond tradition that I have wanted to join in on for a couple years now but for one reason or another just haven’t. Two years ago when I first decided to try it, I had my gall bladder surgery and there was no way I could train adequately in time for the race. So I did nothing (lame excuse, I know!) Then last year, I started off strong but had so many, many stressors and extra responsibilities on my plate that by early spring something had to give because I just couldn’t do it all…and so it just didn’t happen. Since then I have been able to relinquish some of those extra responsibilities and have reached a point that I realize it is time to re-focus and start taking care of myself a bit…or else I’m not going to be around and able to take care of anyone else! Step #1 was starting to take better care of myself emotionally, so I decided to do something that I WANTED to for a change (rather than accomplishing another “HAVE TO”)…so I rejoined an area choir last fall and sang for the Christmas season for the first time in many years. Step #2 is now to start taking better care of my physical self. I very much want to not just get into a routine of taking care of myself physically but for once in my life actually get into then STAY in a routine of taking care of myself. THAT alone, for me, would be a great accomplishment. The Monument Ave 10K is April 2nd and training starts in January—so now, as they say, there’s nothing to it now but to do it! So thank you for having the courage to make your battle public. It’s inspiring. Keep doing what you’re doing!! You CAN make it!! Love you! Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jemme,
    I am very proud of your dedication to the Lord and overcoming this addiction you have. The Lord is a powerful way to overcome many things. I know you can do this! I saw your story on WIS and was very proud to hear of your accomplishments so far. I will continue to pray daily for the Lord to give you the strength to overcome this and bring you the blessings of His mighty word. Our body is our temple given to us by the Lord to worship him. We MUST take care of this as the Lord instructs us too. I know that with you being in the word of the Lord, that nothing will make these "hurdles" in life keep you from accomplishing your life goals! Keep up the hard work! I look forward to seeing all of your hard work pay off for you and your family!!! Jennifer Rabon

    ReplyDelete