Losing "more" than half of me

Losing "more" than half of me
This time it's really going to happen.. I am going to lose half of myself, or should I now say "more than half of myself?"

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I need prayer!

So, I have been on hiatus.. as I'm sure you've noticed.  Today was the first time I've worked out in two weeks.  Not a good thing.  And I have been eating HORRIBLY!  I don't know exactly how I got here.. but I don't like it one bit.

The good news is I haven't gained any weight.  I am still at 288.  That's a total of 44 pounds lost.  So I am now looking to my next goal.. getting under 275 pounds.  That's 14 pounds away.  I'm hoping to get there by the end of July.  I need something to get me back on track.  Maybe this will help.

I do have a request from you.. please pray for me.  I need God's strength, power, and stamina to get back on this journey.  I don't know how I got lost, but I obviously have.  I have been using food again to fill some hole inside me.  I guess that's when I should be turning to God for my comfort.

Please also pray that I can figure out what's causing me to get off the weight loss path, so I won't get sidetracked again.

5 comments:

  1. You're doin' great Jemme! Proud of you! I'll definitely join you in prayer. Walk in faith...because it goes one step/day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jemme, I will be praying for you. I know it must be very hard. You are doing a wonderful job:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Beautiful friend (whom I don't see enough of..I'm sorry) Losing weight isn't about eating right all the time, working out religiously and beating yourself up, it's about finding yourself and finding what the inner problem is. I think you hit the nail on the head when you mentioned using food to fill a void. Depriving yourself and beating yourself up will only slow down the weight loss process. It's ok to not be so strict with yourself. It's ok to enjoy some down time and splurge on yourself once in awhile. As long as you love yourself and stay on track. Prayer is necessary but I truly believe that loving yourself is just as necessary. God wants you to love the woman that he loves. To honor God is to honor and love the woman He created. I'll pray for you and the journey you're on. Believe in yourself cause I do! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jemme-

    This is the most difficult and crucial part of weight loss and we both know it. You reach a good loss (usually for me it's 30-40 pounds too) and you let yourself slip...and slip....and before you know it, your back to your original weight and all the hard work you've put into this is gone, and honestly you feel like a failure. Again.

    I don't have an answer to this problem yet. If I did, I'd be a HEALTHY 135 pounds right now. All I can say is what you have done so far is amazing. You've busted your tail - made it though hours of workouts and resisted hundreds of temptations. Don't give up. Slip ups are NOT then end of your road by any means. Start TODAY - NOT TOMORROW because you know it will always be tomorrow or the next day or the next week. Right now!! Don't give up on yourself and DONT give up on all the hard work you've done to get here. You deserve this.

    Good luck and much love, as always.
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay encouraged Jemme! And know you can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens you!!! ~ Judi

    ReplyDelete