Losing "more" than half of me

Losing "more" than half of me
This time it's really going to happen.. I am going to lose half of myself, or should I now say "more than half of myself?"

Saturday, April 17, 2010

I'm still here.. going strong

Life has been so busy and I got out of the habit of blogging. And this week my laptop crashed, so I haven't been checking anything at all.. no email, Facebook or calories. Ugh!

I am now down to 310. I've lost a total of 22 pounds. I didn't lose any this past week, but I'm ok with that. I'm just thrilled I didn't gain anything. As I mentioned, I haven't been keeping track of my calories online this week. So I've just been doing it mentally. That's not usually very effective. Also, I haven't been walking at all this week. I still exercised on Tuesday and Thursday. And I'm planning to get in a workout today before work, and then walk on my dinner break.

I'm a little disappointed with myself. I let my life takeover again this week, instead me taking over my life. Or more accurately.. letting God take over and guide my steps. My morning devotion time is basically non-existent. So I just need to recharge and get back in the saddle again. I'm just thankful that I haven't given up yet.

I will admit, I have been weak in the food area this week. For the first time, I ate regular fast food.. not once, but twice. Tuesday I ate a chicken nuggets kid’s meal, and then Wednesday morning I got a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit. I would like to say that what I chose was better than what I used to choose (in the past I would've gotten an adult chicken nuggets combo and for breakfast it would've been 2 biscuits and a hash brown), but still, I should've chosen other options both times. Or I should've stepped up my workouts to compensate for the extra calories. Still, I am on the right path, and I didn't get fat overnight or learn my poor eating and exercise behaviors in a day, so I have to be gracious with myself. This is a journey. Journeys can be long and tiresome with struggles and obstacles along the way. The most important part is to take the journey and not stop and go back, but complete it.

I will do my best to update more often. I'm going to shoot for once a week at this point. Hopefully it can be more. I've thought about all sorts of things I wanted to write, but never got around to it. I have learned so much, and I continue to learn new things each day. I am so thankful that God is allowing me to do this.. lose weight, learn my body and strengthen it.

4 comments:

  1. Yay you!!! You're frank honesty is inspiring! BIG Hugs! KL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jemme,
    We're all rooting for you. With God ALL things are possible. Let Him continue to guide you and things will continue to work out!
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jemme,

    You are doing an awesome job!! Keep up the great work and remember what I told you about little errors/mistakes today do not determine failure for the future. It's not so bad to every once in awhile make a food choice that is more of a cheat. You did good by not eating the same thing that you used to do. You made better choices which is a good thing. Remember to take time for you! Praying for you! Hope we'll be able to get together sometime soon but it will probably be after I get back from Nashville!! Call me if you want to talk any time though!! Blessings to you!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of you. I have known you for 30 years and have never seen you so determined about something before. I know without a doubt that you will be successful with you weight loss. You just keep you eyes focused toward God and he will help you through it all. I can't physically be beside you to push you and encourage you but always know that I am beside/behind you 100%. I am so looking forward to our trip b/c I know you will reach that goal. I love you and miss you much!

    ReplyDelete