Losing "more" than half of me

Losing "more" than half of me
This time it's really going to happen.. I am going to lose half of myself, or should I now say "more than half of myself?"

Saturday, April 24, 2010

I'm such a loser..

..in a good way!  I lost another 3 pounds this week.  That puts me down a total of 25 pounds.  I'm now at 307.  Just 8 pounds until I hit my first goal: getting under 300.  I really can't believe I've come so far.

I get very emotional when I realize that I'm really doing this.  God is so amazing.  I struggled last week.. finding it much tougher to stay away from food and get up and exercise.  I found myself hoping my workout partner (who comes to do the 30 Day Shred video with me on Tuesdays and Thursdays) would cancel on me or forget to come to my house.  Thankfully she didn't.  And God gave me the strength to make it through.. and lose 3 additional pounds.

I am now looking to next weekend when I walk 3 miles in the Heart and Sole.  I have thought, what's the big deal?  It's just 3 miles.. who can't do 3 miles?  I couldn't.. just a year ago.  And I was ashamed that I couldn't.  I guess that's the big part of me not making a big deal of doing it now.  I hate that I had become so limited by my weight.. I was in complete denial.  I still am, somewhat.  Or at least I haven't yet had my eyes opened to all the things I was overlooking and explaining away.

Time to get back to work now.  Will update you again soon.. at least by next Saturday, when I hope to have lost at least 2 more pounds  I want to at least be able to report that I am getting stronger, physcially, mentally, emotionally and spiritually, everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment