Losing "more" than half of me

Losing "more" than half of me
This time it's really going to happen.. I am going to lose half of myself, or should I now say "more than half of myself?"

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Saturday, February 5, 2011

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18:
"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

I went to the gym this morning. Walked on the treadmill for 25 minutes. Not all that impressive, but an accomplishment none the less. It's the first real workout I've done this year. At least since ankle surgery last month.

I made a new commitment to a friend today. I'm going to exercise 6 days a week, and I will blog everyday. And in my posts I will focus on something positive.

The reason I haven't been writing is because I am in a really dark period of my life and I just can't seem to snap out of it. So why should I keep writing the same thing over and over and over again? I have no motivation, I don't feel like doing what I'm supposed to do to lose weight and be healthy, and I am tired. Those 3 things are recurring phrases that run through my mind, and my speech. If you've had the pleasure of my company the last few months, you know that I haven't been myself. I haven't gotten a lot of sleep, so I think the lack has really built up and caused me to sink into a depression. At least I hope that's what it is, because I've made some changes to my life recently and I should be getting on a more routine sleeping pattern soon.

Today, I am thankful for understanding and supportive family and friends who haven't given up on me, even though I appears that I've given up. And I am thankful for my loving Father in heaven.

4 comments:

  1. Hang on there....I think of you and you inspire me on my own journey. I understand your frustration in my own way...I'm not losing nearly as much as I want each week, but I'm trying. Know that you are doing a great job and Heavenly Father knows your trials and what you need. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jemme, Margaret and I have been checking in on you daily we're so glad to see you back to your posting and work outs. The trick is to form the habit and stay with it-surely having surgery is a really good reason to take a break. Like a friend of ours reminds us the weight went on a bite at a time and it comes off the same way- neither is over night-you are in our prayers - "when two or three are gathered in my name".
    In His Name
    Wilber and Margaret Jeffcoat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jemme,

    You are awesome! Keep it up. And call me if you need to vent or talk about your frustrations. Trust me, we all go through those phases!!

    Praying for you!
    Love,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. love you, jem jem! I KNOW you are going to do this!-Jillian

    ReplyDelete