Losing "more" than half of me

Losing "more" than half of me
This time it's really going to happen.. I am going to lose half of myself, or should I now say "more than half of myself?"

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday, February 6, 2011

2 Corinthians 4:15-17
"All this if for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.  Therefore we do not lose heart.  Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.  For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all."

What a beautiful verse full of hope!  I have heard from so many people that my journey and my struggles have encouraged them.. pushed them to do more than they thought they could.  I am thankful to be an inspiration.  I want to be a tool for God to be able to use to sharpen His children.  I want to spread His word and do His bidding.  I am thankful that He is using me for His good and His will.

I made whole wheat waffles for breakfast.  I topped them with sliced bananas, cocoa powder and Stevia.  Pretty decent, although as someone pointed out I should've added some lean protein.  The rest of the day hasn't been so great, nibbling here and there, but dinner should be decent.  I'm planning homemade pizzas on whole wheat pitas.

BTW: on a complete side note, as I write this, Zoe is watching Toy Story 1 for the first time and is REALLY getting into it.  It's precious!  She's so worried about Buzz dying.

I digress.  We are getting ready to go on a walk around the neighborhood, then to the store to get the stuff for dinner.  I'm also going to buy a new water bottle.  I can't seem to find one that's just right for me, but I really need to up my water intake.  I'm down to just about none a day.  Not good.  So my goals for this week are exercising at least 30 minutes for 6 days, drinking at least 64 ounces of water a day, and logging everything I eat.  Whether or not I will share that food log with anyone is still up in the air! :)

2 comments:

  1. Love your goals--that's the way to do it! I think you will be able to accomplish so much just by setting short term goals, accepting that you'll slip up but not letting that get you down. The Princess and the Frog had a good run, didn't it? Glad the girls are discovering the classics. I totally had a crush on Woody when I was little...

    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Logging is important along with the water drinking. If it goes into your mouth...write it down. I know you can do this, one day at the time and one pound at the time. Love you.

    ReplyDelete