Losing "more" than half of me

Losing "more" than half of me
This time it's really going to happen.. I am going to lose half of myself, or should I now say "more than half of myself?"

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ephesians 3:20-21
"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. "
God truly is amazing.  I was able to meet all of my goals yesterday.  I drank more than 64 oz of water.  I went to the gym and walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes (and believe me, it was no easy task getting there-- it takes about an hour to get the four of us ready and in the car).  And I tracked all of my food.  I am thankful for small victories!  I was able to accomplish my goals for Monday.

I'm already on to accomplishing my goals for Tuesday.  I've had half of my water intake, I've exercised and I've logged everything I've eaten so far.

Also on tap for today, I'm tackling Mount Laundry.  It is going down today!  :) 

On a side note, to keep it real, I'm still tired, angry and unmotivated.  While I did meet my goals, I ate some food that I really shouldn't have eaten.  Namely about 2000 calories during the middle of the day from Nutella and bread.  YIKES!  I'm actually admitting that.. to everyone.  You do realize that's more than my calorie needs for the day.  To lose about 2 pounds a week, I'm supposed to eat 1500 calories a day.  I was doing so good, too.  Eating healthy foods, and decent portions.  I have since thrown the jar of Nutella away and won't be buying anymore.

Lord, please forgive my gluttony!  It was selfish and wasteful, because my children could've enjoyed a snack for a couple of days on the food that I inhaled in just moments, just to satisfy my wants and desires.  I am sorry Lord.  I should've turned to you, and I didn't.  I didn't ask for your strength, or assistance in overcoming my temptation.  I love you, God, and thank you for your forgiving love.  I know that when I confess my sins, you wipe them clean.  Your word says: "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."  Hebrews 8:12 (NIV84)  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I praise your holy name!

Wow, didn't know I was going to go there.  Maybe I shouldn't share all of that, but we'll see.  Maybe, once I'm on the other side of this thing, it will help someone else see that even as dark as I was, I was able to make it to the finish line.  Maybe it will give them hope.  And who knows, maybe that someone will be in me, in the future, if I ever get back here again.

1 comment:

  1. It has been some time since I've seen any activity here. Have you moved your blog? Are you ok?
    Wilber and Margaret

    ReplyDelete