Losing "more" than half of me

Losing "more" than half of me
This time it's really going to happen.. I am going to lose half of myself, or should I now say "more than half of myself?"

Saturday, May 8, 2010

I made it to my first goal!

Just wanted to give a quick update. I made it to my first goal! This morning I weighed in and the scale said 298! I can't tell you how good it feels, and how awkward it looks to NOT have a 3 in front of my weight. I believe the last time I was less than 300 pounds was before I moved to Columbia. That was in June of 2004 and I was well over 300 at that point. I know that I was 290 when I had Avery in July of 2000, and eventually lost back down to 250 after I had gallbladder surgery later that year, but I don't have a good recollection of the numbers after that.

I am now down a total of 34 pounds, and I look forward to never having a 3 at the beginning of my weight again.  Now Angie and I get to plan our overnight getaway.  It's going to be so much fun!  Where should we go?  I don't think it will really matter, as long as there are no kids, no husbands and just lots and lots of girl talk!  But the one thing there won't be a lot of: eating.  We'll have to find something fun and active to do.  I know: shopping!  At least window shopping.

And on that note.. some of my clothes are starting to look to big on me.  That's really exciting.. and scary at the same time.  I know it's a good thing to be losing weight, but it's also going to be expensive replacing those clothes.  Thankfully, my oldest sister, Lisa, is also shrinking in size, and she has graciously said I can have her clothes that are too big.  But those are a couple of sizes away.  So I'll have to buy some clothes in between.  But the more I think about it, I shouldn't worry.  God has provided a way for me to lose the weight; He will also provide a way for me to have clothes.  Doesn't He say in His word:

28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'  (Matthew 6:28-31, NIV)

Wow, how powerful!  And how foolish I was thinking.  Thank you, God, for reminding me of this while writing today's entry.

2 comments:

  1. Shoot me an e-mail and let me know what size you are looking for. I still have a few clothes that I have not gotten rid of yet that are in the attic, so it is possible I may have something you can use :) I am so proud of you!! You are doing awesome!!!

    Love,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you, Jemme! Let's walk this week. ~J-Mommy

    ReplyDelete